In this article you will learn:
How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply
How to edit the Services permissions and access for a Role
Note: You must have administrator access to edit a role
You can view the steps in the video below:
How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply:
When you assign a Role to an employee you are defining how much access an employee has to your businesses' information on Bizimply. For example, perhaps you would like managers to have more access than supervisors, and supervisors to have more access than regular employees. You can create and allocate the permissions levels that work for your business.
Login to your Bizimply account
Select the location of the employee whose access you would like to change
Go to the 'Employee' tab
Find the employee profile of the person you would like to assign a role to
Click into their profile
Click the 'Roles' tab
Select the role you would like this employee to have based on your predetermined roles
The employee will receive an email letting them know their permissions on Bizimply have changed, and will now have the access defined by that Role in that location.
*Note: If an employee is shared to another location, they will not have the same access at that location. You will need to edit their Role in their other locations as well.
How to Change The Services Permissions A Role Has on Bizimply
Login to Bizimply
Click your name in the top right corner so a drop-down menu appears
Click on 'Account Access'
4. A list of Roles will appear. Click on the Role you would like to edit or create a custom Role by clicking '+New Role'
5. You will be presented with a list of permissions for the Role you have selected, which includes most functions on Bizimply
6. Scroll to 'Services' and select if you would like to have it turned 'On' or 'Off' for that role. If the function is 'On', you can also click 'Choose Options' for more specific permissions within that function. If it is turned off those with the Role will not be able to view Services
7. Using the checkboxes decide which permissions you would like for employee with this Roles by ticking or unticking. Please note employees will still be able to add Issues for suppliers and equipment through the Shiftlog if you do not also change your settings there too
8. When you are happy with your selection, scroll to the bottom and click 'Save'. These permissions will now be applied to that Role, and subsequently to any employee with that assigned Role on Bizimply