In this article you will learn:
- How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply
- How to edit the Shift Log permissions and access for a Role
- How to make someone a Key Staff Member for the Shift Log
Note: You must have administrator access on Bizimply to edit a Role
Here's a video with these steps:
How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply:
When you assign a Role to an employee you are defining how much access an employee has to your businesses' information on Bizimply. For example, perhaps you would like managers to have more access than supervisors, and supervisors to have more access than regular employees. You can create and allocate the permissions levels that work for your business.
- Login to your Bizimply account
- Select the location of the employee whose access you would like to change
- Go to the 'Employee' tab
- Find the employee profile of the person you would like to assign a role to
- Click into their profile
- Click the 'Roles' tab
- Select the role you would like this employee to have based on your predetermined roles
- Click 'Save'
The employee will receive an email letting them know their permissions on Bizimply have changed, and will now have the access defined by that Role in that location.
*Note: If an employee is shared to another location, they will not have the same access at that location. You will need to edit their Role in their other locations as well.
How to Change The Shift Log Permissions A Role Has on Bizimply
- Login to Bizimply
- Click your name in the top right corner so a drop-down menu appears
- Click on 'Roles'
4. A list of Roles will appear. Click on the Role you would like to edit or create a custom Role by clicking '+New Role'
5. You will be presented with a list of permissions for the Role you have selected, which includes most functions on Bizimply
6. Scroll to 'Shift Log' and select if you would like to have it turned 'On' or 'Off' for that role. If the function is 'On', you can also click 'Choose Options' for more specific permissions within that function. If it is 'Off' the employee with this Role will not be able to see the Shift Log
7. You can lock the Shift Log by selecting an option from the dropdown beside the statement 'Information on the Shift Log can be entered or edited for'. After the time selected it can no longer be edited by someone with this Role
8. Tick or untick the boxes available if you would like this Role to be able to Add Issues or View Other Issues on the Shift Log
9. When you are happy with your selection, scroll to the bottom and click 'Save'. These permissions will now be applied to that Role, and subsequently to any employee with that assigned Role on Bizimply
How to make someone a Key Staff Member for the Shift Log
- Login to Bizimply
- Go to Employees
- Select the Employee who you would like to make a Key Staff Member for filling out your Shift Log
- In their Employee Profile, go to the Work tab
- Find the Key Staff Member selection, and select 'Yes'
6. Click 'Save' at the bottom of the profile. They will now appear on your dropdown as a Key Staff member for the Shift Log