In this article you will learn:
- How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply
- How to edit the Attendance permissions and access for a Role
Note: You must have administrator access on Bizimply to edit a Role
How to assign a role to an employee
When you assign a role to an employee you are defining how much access an employee has to your businesses' information on Bizimply.
For example, perhaps you would like managers to have more access than supervisors, and supervisors to have more access than regular employees. You can create and allocate the permissions levels that work for your business.
- Login to your Bizimply account
- Select the location of the employee whose access you would like to change
- Go to the 'Employee' tab
- Find the employee profile of the person you would like to assign a role to
- Click into their profile
- Click the 'Roles' tab
- Select the role you would like this employee to have based on your predetermined roles
- Click 'Save'
The employee will receive an email letting them know their permissions on Bizimply have changed, and will now have the access defined by that Role in that location.
*Note: If an employee is shared to another location, they will not have the same access at that location. You will need to edit their Role in their other locations as well.
How to change the Attendance permissions a role has
- Login to Bizimply
- Click your name in the top right corner so a drop-down menu appears
- Click on 'Roles'
4. A list of Roles will appear. Click on the Role you would like to edit or create a custom Role by clicking '+New Role'
5. You will be presented with a list of permissions for the Role you have selected, which includes most functions on Bizimply
6. Scroll down to 'Attendance and Timestation' and select 'On' if you would like your employee to see any of the Attendance information. If it is 'Off' they cannot see Attendance or Timestation information
7. If 'Attendance and Timestation' is 'On' you can click 'Choose Options'. If you would like someone to be able to edit punch times, check the box labeled 'Manage Punch Times'. If this is unchecked, they will only be able to view Attendance
8. If you would like to lock attendance records after a number of days, select 'Yes', and then insert the numbers of days after the end of a day you would like to lock records
9. When you are happy with your selection, scroll to the bottom, and click 'Save'. These permissions will now be applied to that Role, and subsequently to any employee with that assigned Role on Bizimply