In this article you will learn:
What is a role in Bizimply
How to view an employee's role
How to give different permissions and access on Bizimply using Roles
How to create and assign a Role to an employee
What is a role?
A Role is how we define how much access an employee will have to the different features on Bizimply.
Here is a quick video walkthrough:
You can view an employee's current location Role by
Login to Bizimply
Click on Employees
Search for the Employee
Click on their name (Employee Profile)
Navigate to the Roles tab
When you set up your Bizimply account and add your employees, they are by default given 'No Role'.
If you would like an employee to have more access to information on Bizimply to help run your business e.g. to have someone create a schedule, approve Timecards, etc, you need to assign them a location Role.
This Role will allow them to log in to Bizimply through a different portal, and view more information
You can give permission through the Role to define how much or how little this employee can view of the information available on Bizimply.
Note: You need to have administrator access to create or edit a Role on Bizimply
How to create a Role on Bizimply
Login to Bizimply
Click your name in the top right corner so a drop-down menu appears
Click on 'Account Access'
4. A list of Roles will appear. These are defaults created by Bizimply. You can click on the Role you would like to edit or create a custom Role by clicking '+New Role'
5. You will be presented with a list of permissions for the Role you have selected, which includes most functions on Bizimply
6. Go through each function carefully and decide what you would like to have turned 'On' or 'Off'. Select 'On' if you would like your employee to see any of the information for each function. If it is 'Off' they will not be able to see this functionality at all.
7. If you choose to have a function 'On' you will see the 'Choose Option' dialogue appear. Click on this to get a further breakdown of the access and permissions you can grant to this Role
8. When you have finished going through all the functionality, click 'Save'. These permissions will now be applied to that Role, and subsequently to any employee with that assigned Role on Bizimply
How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply:
Login to your Bizimply account
Select the location of the employee whose access you would like to change
Go to the 'Employee' tab
Find the employee profile of the person you would like to assign a role to
Click into their profile
Click the 'Roles' tab
Select the role you would like this employee to have based on your predetermined roles
The employee will receive an email letting them know their permissions on Bizimply have changed, and will now have the access defined by that Role in that location.
Note: If an employee is shared to another location, they will not have the same access at that location. You will need to edit their Role in their other locations as well.