In this article you will learn:
How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply
How to edit the Timestation permissions and access for a Role
Note: You must have administrator access on Bizimply to edit a Role
Here is a quick video walkthrough:
How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply:
When you assign a Role to an employee you are defining how much access an employee has to your businesses' information on Bizimply.
For example, you would like managers to have more access than supervisors, and supervisors to have more access than regular employees. You can create and allocate the permissions levels that work for your business.
Login to your Bizimply account
Select the location of the employee whose access you would like to change
Go to the 'Employee' tab
Find the employee profile of the person you would like to assign a role to
Click into their profile
Click the 'Roles' tab
Select the role you would like this employee to have based on your predetermined roles
The employee will receive an email letting them know their permissions on Bizimply have changed, and will now have the access defined by that Role in that location.
*Note: If an employee is shared to another location, they will not have the same access at that location. You will need to edit their Role in their other locations as well.
How to Change The Timestation Permissions A Role Has on Bizimply
Login to Bizimply
Click your name in the top right corner so a drop-down menu appears
Click on 'Account Access'
4. A list of Roles will appear. Click on the Role you would like to edit or create a custom Role by clicking '+New Role'
5. You will be presented with a list of permissions for the Role you have selected, which includes most functions on Bizimply
6. Scroll down to 'Attendance and Timestation' and select 'On' if you would like your employee to see any of the Timestation information or be able to set up the Timestation. If it is 'Off' they cannot see Attendance or Timestation information
7. If 'Attendance and Timestation' is 'On' you can click 'Choose Options'.
8. Select the checkbox labelled 'Access Timestation Management' if you would like the Role to be able to view information about the Timestation you have connected to Bizimply, and sign into the Timestation to set it up. If you don't want this Role to have these permissions, leave it unchecked.
9. When you are happy with your selection, scroll to the bottom and click 'Save'. These permissions will now be applied to that Role, and subsequently to any employee with that assigned Role on Bizimply