In this article you will learn:
- How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply
- How to edit the Timestation permissions and access for a Role
You must have administrator access on Bizimply to edit a Role
How to assign a Role to an employee on Bizimply:
When you assign a Role to an employee you are defining how much access an employee has to your businesses' information on Bizimply. For example, perhaps you would like managers to have more access than supervisors, and supervisors to have more access than regular employees. You can create and allocate the permissions levels that work for your business.
- Login to your Bizimply account
- Select the location of the employee whose access you would like to change
- Go to the 'Employee' tab
- Find the employee profile of the person you would like to assign a role to
- Click into their profile
- Click the 'Roles' tab
- Select the role you would like this employee to have based on your predetermined roles
- Click 'Save'
The employee will receive an email letting them know their permissions on Bizimply have changed, and will now have the access defined by that Role in that location.
*Note: If an employee is shared to another location, they will not have the same access at that location. You will need to edit their Role in their other locations as well.
How to Change The Timestation Permissions A Role Has on Bizimply
- Login to Bizimply
- Click your name in the top right corner so a drop-down menu appears
- Click on 'Roles'
4. A list of Roles will appear. Click on the Role you would like to edit or create a custom Role by clicking '+New Role'
5. You will be presented with a list of permissions for the Role you have selected, which includes most functions on Bizimply
6. Scroll down to 'Attendance and Timestation' and select 'On' if you would like your employee to see any of the Timestation information or be able to set up the Timestation. If it is 'Off' they cannot see Attendance or Timestation information
7. If 'Attendance and Timestation' is 'On' you can click 'Choose Options'.
8. Select the checkbox labelled 'Access Timestation Management' if you would like the Role to be able to view information about the Timestation you have connected to Bizimply, and sign into the Timestation to set it up. If you don't want this Role to have these permissions, leave it unchecked.
9. When you are happy with your selection, scroll to the bottom and click 'Save'. These permissions will now be applied to that Role, and subsequently to any employee with that assigned Role on Bizimply
You can also view these steps in the video below:
Other Related Articles:
Timestation for Managers
How can I view information about Timestation online